CUPERTINO, CALIFORNIA Apple today announced that Apple Vision Pro will be available from Friday, February 2 in the majority of U.S. Apple Store locations as well as the U.S. Apple Store online. Vision Pro is a revolutionary spatial computer that revolutionizes the way people work and collaborate, share information to memories and have fun. Vision Pro seamlessly blends digital content with the physical world. It creates immersive spatial experiences with visionOS which is powered with the natural, intuitive and easy inputs that are possible such as the user’s hands, eyes, and voice. The brand-new App Store gives users access to over 1 million compatible apps on iOS and iPadOS and iPadOS, in addition to new experiences that make use of the special features offered by Vision Pro. The pre-orders to Apple Vision Pro begin Friday on January 19 beginning at 5 a.m. in the morning PST.
“The new era of computing with spatial dimensions has come to an end,” said Tim Cook Apple’s chief executive. “Apple Vision Pro has been hailed as the most sophisticated consumer electronics device that has ever been created. Its unique and captivating user interface will change the way we interact, design and explore.”
A revolutionary Operating System and User Interface
Apple Vision Pro is powered by visionOS it is based on the foundation of decades of technological innovation that is present in macOS, iOS, and iPadOS. visionOS offers powerful experiences in spatial space and opens up new opportunities in the workplace as well as at home. It features a new 3D user interface and an input control entirely controlled through the eyes of the user and hands as well as their voice, navigation can be awe-inspiring. With intuitive gestures, users can interact with apps simply by watching them, using your fingers for a selection, wiggle their wrists to scroll, or by using the virtual keypad or using dictation device to write. With Siri it is possible to quickly start or close applications as well as play media and many more.
Users can also take a dive in Environments that are lively beautiful landscapes such as Haleakala, Joshua Tree, and Yosemite national parks, as well as the moon’s surface to help to focus and reduce the clutter of the midst of busy areas. With Environments the user’s experience will expand beyond the boundaries of a physical space. By turning the Digital Crown, users can decide how present or completely they feel in their environment.
Apple Vision Pro brings a new dimension to the power of personal computing by transforming how users interact with their applications. The 3-D interface removes apps from the limitations of a screen so that they can display in tandem at any scale, allowing the most comprehensive workspace and an infinite canvas to multitask and working together.
Since visionOS utilizes existing developer frameworks over 1 million of the most popular apps on iOS as well as iPadOS are accessible through Apple Vision Pro and automatically integrate with Vision Pro’s new system of input. Vision Pro also has an entirely new App Store that lets users download apps that offer immersive spatial computing experiences that are unlike other platform. The apps can be placed wherever and scaled to the right size, and all while allowing users to remain within their surroundings.
- The endless possibilities for productivity with key productivity and collaboration applications like Fantastical, Freeform, JigSpace and apps that are part of Microsoft 365, and Slack, Apple Vision Pro is the ideal tool for productivity in every day tasks. Applications can run together in any size for amazing multitasking. And with the support of Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad Users can design the ideal workspace. Through Mac Virtual Display, users can also bring the powerful abilities of the Mac to Vision Pro, creating an huge, private and portable 4K display perfect for professional workflows.
- The ultimate entertainment experience: Apple Vision Pro features ultra-high-resolution displays that deliver more pixels than a 4K TV for each eye, enabling users to watch movies and TV shows from Apple TV+, Disney+, Max, and other services on a screen that feels 100 feet wide with support for HDR content. With Apple TV’s Apple TV app, users have access to more than 150 3D titles with amazing quality wherever they are. Vision Pro also introduces Apple Immersive Video an amazing new format for entertainment created by Apple that allows users to be in the action by allowing 180-degree 3D 8K videos recorded using Spatial Audio. The users can also experience new interactive experiences, such as Encounter Dinosaurs.
- New gaming experiences for gamers: Players can play games from the App Store, which includes over 250 games in Apple Arcade. Popular games such as NBA 2K24 Arcade Edition and Sonic Dream Team can be played on screens that is as big as they like with amazing audio and support for top game controllers. New games with spatial effects, like Game Room, What the Golf? as well as Super Fruit Ninja, take advantage of the incredibly powerful features provided by Apple Vision Pro to transform the environment around players providing unique and exciting gaming games.
Memories brought to life
Apple Vision Pro enables users to create and share their memories in totally new ways. Videos and photos that are spatial bring users back to an unforgettable moment in time while Spatial Audio makes the experience extremely immersive. When traveling and want to capture a videos with spatial resolution with the iPhone 15 Pro or iPhone 15 Pro Max and then replay the experience on Vision Pro. Users can also look through the entire collection of videos and photos in a real-sized scale, with vibrant color and stunning clarity. Panoramas can extend and cover the user creating the illusion that they’re in the exact spot where the picture was captured.
FaceTime becomes a Spatial
FaceTime with Apple Vision Pro takes advantage of the area around the user, so that everyone in a conversation appears as if they are life-sized. Spatial Audio makes it sound as if each voice is from their tile. If someone wears Vision Pro while on FaceTime it will appear as their Persona and those joining via Mac, iPad, or iPhone will be displayed as the form of a tile.
Persona is a real-time visual representation of the spatial location and movement Apple Vision Pro user that allows other people on the video call to observe their facial expressions as well as hand movements in real time.1 By using machine learning techniques the creation of Personas can be created Persona can be made in a matter of minutes using Vision Pro. Personas are also compatible with third-party videoconferencing applications like Zoom, Cisco Webex, and Microsoft Teams.
Apple Vision Pro builds on Apple innovations and experiences in the design of products that are high-performing, such as Mac, iPhone, and wearables such as the Apple Watch and Apple Watch, resulting in the most sophisticated personal electronic device to date. The most advanced technology is contained in a stunning and compact design that uses modern materials to reach ambitious goals in performance as well as mobility and wearability.
Apple Vision Pro is designed as a modular device so that users can customize their own fit. A single piece of 3D constructed, laminated glass forms around the face of the user and is incorporated into the customized aluminium alloy frame. Its Light Seal is made of a soft fabric and is available in a variety of sizes and shapes that flex to fit the face of the user for an ideal fitting. Flexible straps will keep audio close to the ears of the user and the Solo Knit Band and Dual Loop Band let users discover the perfect size for their. For those who require problems with vision, ZISS optical inserts can be purchased with prescriptions or readers that can be attached magnetically with Vision Pro, allowing users to fully benefit from the display’s stunning clarity and clarity.2
Apple Vision Pro is designed to provide a dazzling computing performance in a slim, wearable dimension. Featuring a breakthrough ultra-high-resolution display system built on top of Apple silicon, Vision Pro uses micro-OLED technology to pack 23 million pixels into two displays, each the size of a postage stamp, with wide color and high dynamic range. This breakthrough in technology, paired by custom-designed lenses which provide amazing clarity and sharpness, as well as advanced Spatial Audio provides stunning experiences.
Apple Vision Pro also features an eye tracking system that is high-end that makes use of high-speed cameras, as well as an LED ring which project invisible patterns of light on the eyes of the user to provide a responsive, easy input. In order to assist users remain connected to others in their surroundings, Apple designed a groundbreaking new feature known as EyeSight. When someone approaches an individual with Vision Pro, the device is transparent and lets users see them, while also showing the user’s eye. When a person is within an Environment or is using an application, EyeSight gives visual cues to other people about the things that the user is focusing on.
The most innovative display, high-end audio experiences, a high-performance eye monitoring system and much more all run on Apple silicon with a unique dual-chip design. The M2 chip provides powerful independent performance, and the new R1 chip handles input from five sensors, 12 cameras with six microphones. This will make sure that content appears to be directly in front of the users’ eyes.
Security and Privacy at Its Core. Security at the The Heart of Its
Apple Vision Pro offers industry-leading security and privacy. Optic ID is a brand new authentication method that analyses the user’s iris to allow access to Vision Pro, autofill passwords and make payments complete using Apple Pay. What a user sees remains private while using Vision Pro, and eye tracking information isn’t shared with Apple apps, third-party apps or on websites. EyeSight also comes with an indicator in the form of a visual that alerts other users when a user is taking a photo or video.
Accessibility for visionOS
Like the rest of Apple products strong accessibility features have been integrated into visionOS. The most important accessibility features such as VoiceOver, Zoom, Switch Control, Guided Access and many more have been reinvented for use in spatial computing. Users are able to use Apple Vision Pro entirely with their hands, eyes, or even voice or any combination of the three that is most suitable for them. You can choose an input method, such as using their fingers, eyes, or wrist with Pointer Control. They can also pause an aspect of visionOS for a short period of time to mimic a tap with Dwell Control, or simply utilize voice commands to control activities across Vision Pro with Voice Control. If input using both eyes isn’t an choice, visionOS also allows eye tracking using one eye.
Apple Vision Pro and the Environment
Apple Vision Pro is designed with environmental considerations in mind, featuring 100 of rare earth element recycled used in all magnets as well as 100 per cent recycled soldering and plating across a variety of printed circuit boards. The frame and the battery enclosures are made of 100 of recycled aluminum along with Light Seal and Solo Knit Band are made of recycled aluminum. Light Seal and Solo Knit Band are both made of 70% recycled yarn. Vision Pro meets Apple’s high standards in energy efficiency and it is completely free from mercury brominated flame retardants PVC and beryllium. Vision Pro’s packaging contains 100 percent made from fiber, bringing Apple closer towards its aim of eliminating all plastics in all packaging by 2025.
Presently, Apple is carbon neutral for its corporate operations across the globe and in 2030, the company plans to become carbon-neutral throughout the entire supply chain and the life cycle of each product.
Pricing and the availability of
- Apple Vision Pro will be available for purchase starting from the price of $3,499 (U.S.) and comes with storage of 256GB. Orders in advance for Apple Vision Pro will begin on January 19th starting at 5:30 a.m. PST. availability starting on Friday February 2.
- Apple Vision Pro will be accessible in every U.S. Apple Store locations as well as the U.S. Apple Store online.
- ZEISS Optical Inserts Readers will cost $199 (U.S.) and ZEISS Optical InsertsPrescription will be available at 149 dollars (U.S.).
- Apple Vision Pro comes with a Solo Knit Band and Dual Loop Band that give users two options to find the perfect fit for their needs. Apple Vision Pro also includes an Light Seal, two Light Seal Cushions as well as one Apple Vision Pro Cover for the front of the device, a Polishing Cloth battery, USB-C charge Cable and a the USB-C Power Adapter.