Ready to give your style a seasonal refresh? With spring just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about updating your shoe game. Ballet flats are trending right now, thanks to Miu Miu and other designers rolling them out for 2023! And you can rock them with denim or summer dresses, too (the perfect all-rounder).
Heeled sandals are another option this season! From open-heeled platforms to stilettos, you’ve got plenty of options. Dress them up with a sundress or dress down with jeans. They’re so versatile and chic that there’s no wrong choice here. And mules are in fashion this spring and summer. Mules offer comfort and versatility as they can easily be dressed up or down depending on what outfit you choose. So fashionable and comfy? Yes, and yes!
So some of the top shoe trends for spring 2023, according to fashion reports, are backless, which means your heels are on display. Now I know that I have neglected my feet over winter. After all, no one can see them when they are in socks and boots! And now my heels have a horrible yellowish build-up of dead skin and thick hard calluses.
There is no way I am showing my heels in any backless sandals, mules or stilettos until I get rid of the calluses. I have added this section for anyone else who wants beautiful feet without visiting a podiatrist.
How to Get Rid of Calluses and Stop Them Coming Back
Calluses and dead skin on your feet look awful and can be uncomfortable. But don’t worry. You can generally get rid of them without visiting a podiatrist. Keep reading for some great tips on banishing calluses and cracked heels once and for all!
If you want baby smooth feet that you can show off in any shoe, here’s three steps to get rid of calluses at home.
- Start using a foot peel callus remover or soak your feet in warm water with Epsom salts for 10 minutes.
- Next, use a professional foot file or pumice stone to remove excess skin.
- Finally, smother on some rich cream or lotion and, voila, soft soles and beautiful heels.
And here are four ways to stop calluses from coming back:
- Only wear shoes that fit correctly. If they are too small or too big, they will rub, and this can lead to calluses and hard skin forming.
- Use memory foam insoles or cushioned heel pads to provide extra cushioning. It’s worth investing in a good set if you wear high-heeled shoes.
- Moisturise daily to maintain the skin’s suppleness.
- Give yourself a break from high heels and open-back shoes by swapping them for trendy ballet flats at the end of a night out or while walking to the office.
Updating your shoe collection with backless styles is the perfect way to make a statement this spring! Not only do they look great, but following these tips means you can wear them comfortably and reduce the risk of developing calluses and other foot problems. So go ahead, be bold and show off your feet, but make sure you get rid of any calluses first!