Efficient communication is critical in managing a workforce of any size.
With growing business demands, prompt responses and efficient relay of information is a priority for small businesses in 2024. Mobile devices have been extremely revolutionary and an integral part of businesses.
Therefore, implementing advanced technologies like PTT software and solutions delivers efficient and reliable communication solutions. Whether you are in security, manufacturing or cleaning services, the software can help you reduce call costs and streamline communication.
In fact, according to Polaris Market Research, the global push to talk market was valued at $29.32 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.0% during the forecast period (2022-2030).
These figures highlight the increasing demand for PTT software and solutions and the need to integrate the software in your business in 2024.
In this article, we will discuss the best PTT software and solutions for small businesses in 2024, to help you propel your business to success.
Let’s get started.
3 Tips for Choosing the Best PTT software
1. Data Security
In any business, data and information security is vital. Therefore, the security features of a PTT software should be a top priority.
Ensure you pick a software that uses encryption and protects privacy to ensure that your employee and company data does not fall in unauthorized hands.
2. Ease of Use
The whole idea of implementing a push-to-talk solution into your business is to simplify communication between your employees. A great PTT software should be easy to use and not require complex protocols and training.
This ensures that any of your employees can communicate without spending a lot of time figuring out how to operate the software.
3. Pricing Structure
After deciding on your budget, ensure that you analyze the pricing structure of the best PTT software and solution before you go investing in any.
Cheap doesn’t always mean cost-effective. The software may have numerous hidden charges that may drain your wallet, so ensure that you pick a software with a clear pricing plan.
Let’s now dive in and look at the top PTT solutions.
1. Peak PTT
Peak PTT allows you to connect with your workforce from anywhere in the nation.
As a small business looking to streamline communications for optimal performance, finding the best PTT solution can often be daunting.
But it doesn’t have to be the case.
Peak PTT is among the best PTT solutions that does not require any expertise to use.
The company provides Long-Range Push-To-Talk for businesses that are ready to use out of the box. Additionally, Peak PTT long-range radios can promptly transmit voice communication thanks to their ability to utilize the internet, Wi-Fi, and cellular data.
With a workforce always in the field, you are able to know the location of all your workers as the radios have live GPS tracking that updates location every 60 seconds.
With some models, your employees have access to emergency alert capabilities like panic buttons and man-down alerts, which provide an added layer of safety for employees in high-risk circumstances.
Peak PTT is ideal for field workers who prioritize quick and efficient communication to enhance performance.
- Peak PTT can adjust to the growing needs of your business thanks to its scalability. This means that whether you have a small or large business, the software will work efficiently.
- Peak PTT provides round the clock support for your business to ensure that all your issues and queries are resolved promptly.
- Peak PTT’s communication abilities transcended beyond distance barriers allowing you to communicate with workers from anywhere in the 4G LTE coverage that spans the entire nation.
Starting Price: $9.95 per month App
Zello is the best PTT software for frontline workers.
If radios are not your thing, then you will love Zello.
Unlike conventional push to talk solutions akin walkie talkies, Zello lives in your smartphone, so you do not have to incur hardware expenses. The software lives in your smartphone and jokes with you everywhere you go.
You no longer have to worry about missing important messages, or any message at all. Zello stores the messages allowing you to listen to them at any time so that you can prioritize the issue at hand.
Zello’s dispatch hub is incredible for any business. For enhanced efficiency, calls are received by all available dispatchers to enable them to share the workload, respond promptly, and cover for each other.
In addition to that, whenever workers relay a message, the software delivers a visual confirmation, so your employees can have peace of mind.
I recommend Zello for frontline workers like medical professionals to enable them to communicate in real time and enhance performance.
- Zello gives you full control over management allowing you to set who speaks to whom, communicate with thousands of users, and remove or add accounts as needed. Additionally, the software allows your employees to sign in on shared devices without sharing private information.
- Zello also provides insights to help you make better data-driven decisions. It provides information such as number of calls answered, response time, and sign-ins.
- Zello is designed to enhance your existing solutions thanks to its integration ability. It can be linked with other software such as API and SDK.
$6.80 per user,per month
NouvoTeam is designed for non-desk teams such as frontline workers.
Field workers can enhance their productivity and maintain streamlined communication using this software far beyond location barriers. So whenever your employees or colleagues are, you can relay information to them efficiently while saving time.
Firstly, Nouvo is compatible with Android, iOS, and custom devices to enable you to communicate with all your workers via the efficient push to talk feature over Wi-Fi or cellular data.
Moreover, Nouvo Teams has a user-friendly and intuitive command center from which you can track, deploy, and manage hundreds of mobile workers spread out across the globe.
To add on that, the software provides data on attendance, average working hours,and customized insight on performance. You can use this information to optimize performance.
Small businesses with a mobile workforce can use NuovoTeam to get a bird-eye view of their employees’ locations while still maintaining virtual boundaries of the locations.
- Nouvo’s Geolocation feature lets you closely monitor your fieldforce from the software’s dashboard so you can know where every one of your workers is to improve productivity.
- Nouvo’s PTT solution allows you to push to talk with your deskless field workers within seconds over cellular/LTE and regardless of the device, you can talk to your workers 1-1 or 1-many.
- Nouvo lets you record messages offline which will automatically be sent when connection is available.
Business Plan $5 per user/month
Voxer Business is a software that works like a walkie talkie, but better.
Voxer combines a walkie talkie’s function and messaging abilities to give one hell of a push-to-talk solution.
It is one of the best PTT software because of its team management abilities to enhance collaboration and communications such as having multiple admins, creating teams, and managing users.
You can chat and exchange messages with an individual or multiple employees just like you can with the push to talk feature. This ensures that your team takes less time to communicate important information.
Voxer’s additional features include compatibility with several devices and functions well on Android, iOS,and web.
Voxer is perfect for small businesses in 2024 with a distributed workforce to ensure unparalleled communication for better performance.
- The location sharing feature allows you to always know where your drivers and workforce are, so they never get lost in action.
- Voxer’s walkie-talkie mode enables you to choose which call to take and respond to using live voice without necessarily opening the app.
- Instead of listening to audio messages, the voice to text transcription features lets you have a written copy of the message.
Starting plan (Pro): $3.99 per user/month
How can GroupTalk supercharge your business?
It is a cloud based Push to Talk service for team communication and is designed to turn your smartphone into a two-way radio for streamlined communications.
The group push to talk feature works just like a traditional walkie talkie but allows you to communicate with your fieldworkers beyond geographical limitations and provides clear voice communication.
Your employees can select a group from the PTT groups listed allowing everyone in the same group to communicate instantaneously with each other. It is worth noting that only one person can speak at a time.
For personal safety, fieldworkers can activate an alarm with the push of a button. Admins can access their location and even remotely listen in.
Triggering the panic alarm enables the software to communicate either by sending SMS, alert on co-workers devices with GroupTalk, and remote voice listening over IP.
GroupTalk has numerous features that small businesses can leverage to collaborate, communicate efficiently, and supercharge the business.
- With GroupTalk’s Call Sign feature, users can set up ‘call signs’ that let other callers or dispatchers get information about who is calling.
- The queue features can be used by workers to enter queues when the assistance they require is not urgent allowing your dispatchers to work on more urgent requests.
- GroupTalk’s private call allows you to communicate 1-1 with another user if you do not want anyone else in the conversation.
GroupTalk has not provided pricing information for their software. Get in touch with them for a quote.
6. AINA PPT
AINA PTT is the best Bluetooth Remote Speaker-Microphone for small businesses.
AINA offers several products designed to simplify communication such as AINA PTT voice responder, PTT smart button, and AINA kepler, all of which you can order separately or together.
The voice responder is top notch bluetooth speaker-mic that can be used to remotely control functions like emergency alerts and push to talk. For starters, the device is compatible with iOS and Android phones and can be linked with push to talk applications.
Additionally, you don’t have to worry about the quality of sound as the AINA voice responder is able to pick clear and crisp sound regardless of your surroundings.
The PTT smart button, via bluetooth, uses the push to talk features to communicate with cellular devices and applications. With a smart button your team can quickly send emergency alerts or call requests.
If you fancy the traditional walkie talkies, then AINA PTT will be a great fit for your small business in 2024 with its incredible products and a host of features such as high quality audio.
- AINA PTT products deliver clear and crisp audio even in a noisy environment to facilitate efficient and accurate and clear communication between teams.
- The AINA kepler features direct-Mode-Operation for short distance back-up communication allowing you to communicate even when offline.
- AINA’s Admin Console enables admins to manage all users and devices from one centralized and intuitive interface.
The PTT Smart Button (with Clip or Velcro) is $83 with a product charge of $ 3.50 per month.
Are you looking for PTT software for frontline team collaboration?
Then Orion Push-to-Talk is the ideal solution for your small business in 2024.
With the software you will be getting the high grade sound quality with low-latency push-to-talk (PTT) that works even on low bandwidth connections.
Regarding security, Orion Push-to-Talk uses end-to-end encryption (E2EE) and security to shrink the attack surface for devices that often sit unattended in remote or public areas.
Additionally, Orion PTT offers multimodal and multi-device communication letting you choose whatever works for you. The software is compatible with Android and iOS devices, and also works well on the web. Other than voice communication, you can relay messages through videos, text, photos, and files such as PDFs.
Small businesses in 2024 can use Orion PTT to modernize communication and enhance collaboration for your deskless workforce.
- The Orion Onyx is an easy-to-use and lightweight PTT app accessory that allows PTT communications on the Orion application.
- Orion PTT provides advanced mapping services that enable you to see the location of your team including indoors.
- Orion’s end-to-end encryption ensures security to reduce risks of attack on devices so your employees can work worry free.
Orion PTT does not display their pricing plans on their website.
Do you see how PTT software and solutions can benefit your business?
Walkie-talkies might have gone out of fashion but modern technology has modernized and improved the idea and functionality of this invention.
The best PTT software will streamline everything whether you are looking to make communication seamless or enhance your team’s productivity.
In fact, a research by Mckensey found that well-connected teams see a productivity increase of 20–25%. This numbers show the importance of keeping your fieldworkers connected and engaged for optimal prod
All the above are great solutions to your fieldwork communication. However, Peak PTT provides an affordable solution to help supercharge your business.
Small businesses using Peak PTT devices can communicate with their employees regardless of their location, ensuring efficient collaboration.
Get in touch with Peak PTT today to learn more about their PTT products that can transform how your team connects.