In today’s business environment, there is a greater need for product managers who can coordinate all parties involved in the launch or enhancement of a product while also providing a strategic perspective. And many businesses are hiring product managers with the most up-to-date skills and knowledge to monitor and manage their products from concept to distribution, ensuring product success in the market.
If you are planning to pursue a product management course and are looking for one, you might find this article helpful in making your decision. This article will help you reflect on what you can learn by enrolling in a Kellogg School of Management product management course.
What is Kellogg School of Management?
Kellogg School of Management is a globally renowned business school, offering an immersive learning environment in which students learn from world-class faculty and experts for a transformative academic experience.
Their executive education includes a variety of professional courses, including the Kellogg product management programme. The programme is designed to ensure that professionals learn the skills necessary to launch a successful career with room for growth.
What is the learning experience?
The Kellogg product management programme offers tools and frameworks via video lectures, real-world examples, case study scenarios, and downloadable materials. You will also learn through weekly assignments and quizzes, discussion boards, try-it activities, faculty engagement, and career webinars. The programme concludes with a capstone project that integrates all of the programme’s key concepts.
What is the format of the programme?
The Kellogg product management programme consists of 20 modules delivered online over the course of 36 weeks. You can expect to spend 10 to 12 hours per week learning through video lectures, completing assignments, and participating in discussions. Each module is released once a week, enabling a flexible but structured study approach. The lesson concludes with quizzes and assessments. You can complete the programme module all at once or in shorter bursts over the course of the week.
Who should do the programme?
The Kellogg product management programme is designed for professionals who want to improve or formalise their training for product management roles, including:
- Mid- to senior-level professionals with more than eight years of experience as a product manager or in a product support role who are interested in advancing product management and contributing to business growth.
- Professionals in a related field such as marketing, user interface/user experience (UI/UX), engineering, or sales. And want to make a lateral career move by learning about the technology’s impact on product portfolios and managing cross-functional roles in product management.
What are the key benefits of the programme?
The Kellogg product management programme offers experienced working professionals a comprehensive understanding of the field of product management. It prepares them to create and manage a product roadmap through user research, prototyping, and product analysis.
Some of the key benefits include:
- Understand and master the entire process of product discovery, design, development, delivery, and management.
- Develop strategic thinking and tactical implementation skills required to become a professional product manager.
- Earn certifications in product management tools and methodologies such as project management, A/B testing (Optimizely), and analytics (Google Analytics)
- Improve your communication, negotiation, and influence skills to manage people and relationships more effectively.
- Utilise frameworks and tools to develop a comprehensive product marketing strategy.