50+ Valentines Day Quotes That Capture The Feeling Of Friendship And Love
Valentine’s Day is a special day to show your appreciation for your friends. Whether it be through a gift, a simple thank you, or simply remembering to send them something special on the day, there are many ways to make your friends feel represented and appreciated. One of the best ways to express your love and appreciation for them is by sending them quotes that capture the feeling of friendship perfectly.
Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate love and friendship. While the holiday can be celebrated in many different ways, one of the most popular way of expressions love is Valentine’s Day quotes. Whether they’re funny, romantic, or inspirational, a special quote can really capture the essence of what you’re feeling. From classic Shakespearean sonnets to modern musings, there is no shortage of words that express love on this day. Here are some of our favorite Valentine’s Day quotes that will help you put your feelings into words and make someone special feel extra loved this year.
Inspirational Valentine’s Day Quotes
- “Love is when the desire to be desired takes you so badly that you feel you could die of it.” — Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
- “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.” — Sophocles
- “Loving is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” — Lao Tzu
- “For all of the things my hands have held, the best by far is you.” — Anonymous
- “We loved with a love that was more than love.” — Edgar Allan Poe
- “True love stories never have endings.” — Richard Bach
- “For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.” — Stephanie Perkins
- “The Eskimos had fifty-two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love.” — Margaret Atwood
- “When we love we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” — Paulo Coelho
- “Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.” — Zora Neale Hurston
Fun Quotes for Friends
Valentine’s Day is a special time to show your friends how much they mean to you. Whether you’re looking for funny, inspirational, or just plain silly quotes to share with your friends on Valentine’s Day – there are plenty of great options out there. Here are some fun quotes that will make even the grumpiest friend smile.
Funny Valentine’s Day Quotes
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” Elbert Hubbard
- “You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.” — Albert Einstein
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” — Charles M. Schulz
- “Love is something sent from heaven to worry the hell out of you.” — Dolly Parton
- “Marriage is like vitamins: we supplement each other’s minimum daily requirements.” — Kathy Mohnke
- “It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them.” — Agatha Christie
- “Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.” — Joan Crawford
- “Today is Valentine’s Day—or, as men like to call it, Extortion Day!” — Jay Leno
- “I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” — Rita Rudner
- “Love is a grave mental disease.” — Plato
- “Without Valentine’s Day, February would be…well, January.” — Jim Gaffigan
- “What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork.” — Pearl Bailey
- “Money can’t buy love, but it improves your bargaining position.” — Christopher Marlowe
- “If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?” — Lily Tomlin
- “Look, there’s no metaphysics on earth like chocolates.” — Fernando Pessoa
- “Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.” — Jules Renard
- “When love is not madness, it is not love.” — Pedro Calderon de la Barca
Expressing Love and Friendship
Valentine’s Day is a day to express the love and friendship that we feel for those around us. It is a day of celebration and appreciation, not just of romantic relationships, but of our connections to family, friends, mentors, and peers. For many people, Valentine’s Day means taking time out to show those closest to them how much they are truly valued.
There are so many ways that we can express our love and friendship on Valentine’s Day. We can write heartfelt letters or cards expressing our feelings or give meaningful gifts such as flowers or keepsakes. We can also plan special activities together such as having dinner at a restaurant, going on an outing, or attending events together. There are even creative ways like writing poems for or about each other or sending funny messages that will make the recipient laugh.
Love Quotes For Valentine’s Day
- “Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” — Emily Brontë
- “I love her and it is the beginning of everything.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” — George Sand
- “Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone—we find it with another.” — Thomas Merton
- “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” — Robert Frost
- “You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.” — Barbara De Angelis
- “Where there is love there is life.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get—only with what you are expecting to give—which is everything.” — Katharine Hepburn
- “You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars.” — E.E. Cummings
- “Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” — Elaine Davis
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” — Hermann Hesse
- “Love is friendship that has caught on fire.” — Ann Landers
- “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.”— Pablo Neruda
Read Also: Marriage Quotes in English – Finding the Right Words
Sweet or Silly Humor
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time for couples to express their love for each other. Whether it’s through sweet words, kind gestures, or silly humor, celebrating Valentine’s Day with a partner can be a special and memorable experience. But which type of humor works best? Sweet or silly?
Silly Quotes For Valentine’s Day
- “Valentine’s Day money-saving tip: Break up on Feb 13. Get back together on the 15th.” —David Letterman
- “I wonder what fool it was that first invented kissing.” —Jonathan Swift
- “Without Valentine’s Day, February would be … well, January.” —Jim Gaffigan
- “What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork.” —Pearl Bailey
- “Oh, here’s an idea: Let’s make pictures of our internal organs and give them to other people we love on Valentine’s Day. That’s not weird at all.” —Jimmy Fallon
- “I love Valentine’s Day. When you’re a kid, everyone gets a valentine. It’s like, ‘To Tim, nice pants. Love, Scott.’ It’s valentines galore!” —Mike Birbiglia
- “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” —Albert Einstein
- “Valentine’s Day: the holiday that reminds you that if you don’t have a special someone, you’re alone.” —Lewis Black
- “Love may not make the world go round, but I must admit that it makes the ride worthwhile.” —Sean Connery
- “If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?” —Dorothy Parker
- “Valentine’s Day: rubbing singles’ noses in their lack of a mate and the noses of couples in their lack of time.” —Emma McLaughlin
- “Love is a misunderstanding between two fools.” —Oscar Wilde
- “Today is Valentine’s Day—or, as men like to call it, Extortion Day!” —Jay Leno
- “Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.” —Jules Renard
- “I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” —Rita Rudner
- “My heart’s in the right place. I know, cuz I hid it there.” —Carrie Fisher
- “The jewelry stores say, ‘Tell your wife you love her with a diamond,’ while wives tell you they love you with, ‘OK, but just because it’s Valentine’s Day.’” —George Lopez
Valentine’s Day is an opportunity to show your friends how much you care. With these fun quotes, you can let your friends know that you are thinking of them and that you appreciate their presence in your life. Moreover, it helps to make the day about celebrating the special relationship between friends, rather than just focusing on couples. Don’t forget to reach out to your friends this Valentine’s Day and make sure they know how much they mean to you!
Q1. What are some fun quotes for friends to share on Valentine’s Day?
A. Valentine’s Day is a time to celebrate the special people in your life, and what better way to do that than with some funny quotes? Here are a few of my favorites: “Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” – Elbert Hubbard “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
Q2. What are some unique ideas for Valentine’s Day gifts for friends?
A. If you’re looking for unique Valentine’s Day gifts for friends, consider something that’s personal and tailored to their interests. For example, if your friend loves cooking, a subscription to a monthly spice box or a set of kitchen gadgets would make a great gift. Alternatively, if they love art, you could give them an art print from an online store or even commission an original piece from a local artist.
Another idea is to create something yourself. If you have the time and skill, why not make them something special? You could knit them a scarf or bake some cookies with festive decorations. Personalized gifts like these are sure to be appreciated by your friends and will show them how much you care about them on Valentine’s Day.
Q3. What are some easy and inexpensive ways to show your love for?
A. There are many easy and inexpensive ways to show your love for someone. One of the most meaningful ways is to take the time to listen and be present with your loved one. Showing that you are interested in what they have to say and that you care about their thoughts, feelings, and opinions can go a long way in expressing your love.
Another great way to show your love is through small gestures like buying them a cup of coffee or leaving them a thoughtful note. Even something as simple as sending them a text message letting them know you’re thinking of them can make all the difference.