The Google Play Store is massive; there’s no arguing with that. Offering almost 3 million apps and games, you would think it would have everything an Android user would want. But no. Lots of apps cannot get into the store because Google’s restrictions and guidelines are so strict, meaning much of what users really want can only be accessed via third-party app stores. Until now, a user would need to root their device to get this kind of content, but now we have an alternative app store called ACMarket. Offering tons of those apps and games that don’t make it into the official store, it’s completely free to use. Here are all the details.
How to Download ACMarket:
Although this isn’t hard to do, it does require manual installation of the APK file, so make sure you follow these steps exactly as written:
- Open your browser and navigate to https://ac-market.org/
- Click the download button on the page, and the file will download to your device
- Now open Android settings and tap on Security (or Privacy, depending on your Android firmware)
- Find where it says Install From Unknown Sources and tap to enable it
- Next, find your file downloads location and open it
- Tap the APK file twice and wait for the icon to load on your home page – ACMarket is installed and ready for you to go get your favorite apps and games.
How to Use ACMarket:
ACMarket is as easy to use as the official Android app store
- Open ACMarket by tapping the icon on your home screen
- Tap the Apps option
- Pick an app category – see below
- Tap on any app or game you want to get and follow the on-screen instructions
- When the icon is on your home page, the app or game is successfully installed
Not only is ACMarket free, but you also don’t need to root your device. With thousands of apps and games in the store, the developers chose to put it all in the following four categories, ensuring you can quickly find what you want to download:
- Android Apps – loads of official apps and games
- ACMarket Apps – Exclusive content, not found in official sources
- Tweaked Apps – stock apps with extra features
- Modified Games – stock games, unlocked and with new features
Frequently Asked Questions:
Unsurprisingly, because ACMarket is not an official installer, questions do get asked about it. These are the more common ones:
What Platforms is ACMarket Supported on?
Officially, it only has Android support, but there are workarounds to get it on your iOS device and on your Windows or macOS computer.
Must I Root My Device To Use it?
No, you do not need to root your device, but it is worth noting that you do get some additional benefits if you do. Not only are all the apps and games already on your device automatically updated with the modified features, but you also won’t run into trouble with the Play Store blocking them over the internet.
Is My Warranty Safe?
Using ACMarket cannot affect your warranty because it is a safe installer and is legal. However, two things that may affect are if you root your device and if you decide to install that change how your device works. These tweaks can easily be deleted if you have to take your device into a store for warranty repair.
ACMarket Error Fixes
ACMarket is one of the most reliable installers, but some users have reported that it has stopped working. There are a few reasons why and a few ways to fix it:
Method 1: Resetting App Preferences
- Go to Android Settings
- Tap on Apps (App Manager)
- Tap All Apps > Reset App Preferences > Reset Now
- ACMarket should be working again.
If not, try method 2:
Method 2: Clear Package Installer Data and Cache
- Open Settings > Apps
- Tap System Apps > Package Installer
- Now tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache – Android 6 Marshmallow users, look in Storage
If this doesn’t work, try the next:
Method 3: Enable Unknown Sources
- Open Settings > Security (or Privacy)
- Enable the Allow From Unknown Sources option
- If ACMarket doesn’t work, delete it
- Check that Unknown Sources is still enabled and install it again
While ACMarket is an excellent choice, if you cannot get on with it, you can try another installer called Panda Helper. With thousands of apps and games, it is free, and you don’t need to root your device.
ACMarket is one of the best Android alternative app stores in the world. Offering thousands of modified and tweaked apps and games, it definitely caters to all users, so try it on your Android device today – it could be the app store solution you’ve been looking for.