Employees and potential employees can access information using human resource portals from any location and at any time. After COVID-19, HR portals are becoming more and more important for all types of industries. Create an HR portal for your business if you want to transform your business radically. Find out how an HR portal can radically change your business in 2021 by reading the following article. Let’s begin by learning what an HR portal is. Check out the following article for more information on this subject.
What is HR Portal?
A human resources management system (HRMS) can be accessed by employees through an employee portal. Using the portal, employees can access HR tasks. An HR portal provides access to HR-related information and workplace-related resources for employees of a company. It also provides access to outside job applicants and potential candidates.
Portals for human resources are usually dynamic and interactive, and they are not meant to be just repositories of information on benefits and organization. These portals are designed to streamline and centralize employee information and assist them in finding what they need. If you are an employee of Harris Teeter and find it difficult to access the online portal then you can visit MyHtSpace.
Benefits of HR Portals
You can gain many benefits from an HR portal for your business. Here we go,
- Providing employees with the right answers to their questions
- Enhancing HR operations
- Customer-oriented employee experience (EX)
- Achieving Talent Retention
- Enhancing employee engagement
- Enhancing the perception of your organization among employees
- Cost reduction in HR service delivery
- Improving HR through Continuous Improvement (CI)
- Management of finances
- Management of employee benefits
- Management of attendance and time
7 Ways an HR Portal Can Transform Your Business
Hope that all the information provided above related to the HR Portal and its benefits is clear to you. Let’s look at the 7 ways an HR Portal can help your organization.
1. Employees can access the information they need
Human resources portals are also called employee self-service systems (ESS). Employees have access to a secure website that allows them to conduct Human Resources transactions independently. Using either a desktop or smartphone, these HR portals can be accessed. It is expected all transactions will be self-serve. Using our smartphones, we pay at the pump, pay at the bank online, and book flights. Human resources shouldn’t handle things that can be handled by a system for employees. These include check stubs, benefits information, and vacation balances.
2. The Employees Are Ready to Work at the Start of a Shift
With a great HR portal, employees can handle work issues immediately. Have I updated my direct deposit with payroll? Did I work last Friday? How long until open enrollment? Was my vacation request approved by my manager? Following any loose ends, they begin their shift ready to focus.
Good Managers Can Become Great Managers
The effectiveness of an organization can be greatly improved by improved oversight. Information can assist managers in making better decisions. Here are some of the reasons.
- PTO requests, time cards, and shift changes need to be approved
- Observe onsite, remote, and mobile employees
- Verify that key documents are signed by employees
- Ensure no coverage gaps with flexible schedules
- Keep overtime to a minimum without losing production
- Provide education and training from a central location
- Top performers should be recognized and rewarded
- Help your employees succeed by spending less time on paperwork
Provide Administrative Superpowers
The benefits for managers and employees have been discussed. This portal is for HR managers, so let’s discuss them. When tedious transactional processes are automated, an HR portal will allow improved collaboration.
- With job posting, application tracking, and better hiring decisions, your recruitment team can make better decisions
- Monitor the completion of new hire paperwork and manage to onboard
- Having payroll-related questions answered automatically saves you time
- Make sure the employee manual is up-to-date
Become a Data Ninja
Over time, WorkforceHub provides a wealth of analytics that increase in value. How does it work? By analyzing time and attendance data. Schedule information. Productivity data. Hiring data. WorkforceHub analytics can be used in the following ways to improve processes:
- WorkforceHub implement
- Keep a record of your processes
- Analyze the information
- Streamline operations
- Determine if the changes were effective
- Make necessary adjustments
- Rinse and repeat
Records are automatically stored in your HR portal. It also alerts on pending overtime, Sets up timekeeping for meals and breaks, and administers protected leave. You should make sure your employee manual is up-to-date, and make sure you ask your new employees to acknowledge the policies in the manual. Report hiring data to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
There are mobile apps that are compatible with HR portals, allowing users to access them from any device with an Internet connection. People can access HR throughout the day, even at night, any day of the week. Any mobile phone user, including telecommuters and mobile employees, can benefit from learning this information. That is to say, we all have a stake in it.
In our piece on the 7 ways an HR portal can revolutionize your business in 2021, we have come to the end. You can find all the information about it in one place since we have provided all the details. We hope all of the information we have provided above is useful for you and that you can create your own HR portal. Please do not hesitate to ask us any type of question or suggestion related to this article or topic in the comments section.