Islam has given a special status for women in religion which has to be followed by every worshipper of Islam. In the previous era of illiteracy people of Arab had taken the status of women so lightly and had ordered to kill the newborn daughter, there was no self-respect for women. When Islam shows the precious status of women through the holy book verses or also great gestures by the Prophet of Islam our Holy Prophet P.B.U.H. He respected women and also told every other worshipper to follow the law of Islam to respect women.
Today, it is quite disheartening to see that some parents rejoice when the newborn child is a male and show their dissatisfaction when the child is a female. But, this should not be the attitude. Islam does not condone this type of behavior, as such was the manner of the parents in the time of ignorance.
In pre-Islamic times, the Arabs used to be disheartened and annoyed with the birth of girls, so that a father, when informed his wife had given birth to a girl, said, “By Allah, she is not as blissful as a son; her defense is crying and her care is but stealing!”
From the verses of the Quran, we see that women are so much respected.
Still today the status of women in some Islamic countries is quite controversial and disrespectful. So female populations have started slogans and organizations in the name of feminism in which they want equal rights as the male population, but few of them forgot the etiquettes of Islam, some slogans are quite controversial and they are against Islam. All we have to read is the whole status of women in accordance with Islam.
We have collected some verses of the Quran about Islamic quotes about women and also we have a collection of quotes of some scholars talking about the status and rights of Muslim women.
Islamic Quotes About Women
- “A woman modestly dressed is as a pearl in its Shell.”
- Your mother was your entry to this Dunya and the same person who will be your entry to Jannah
- Women’s Right To Education
- Everything precious is covered! A woman modestly dressed is like a pearl in its shell.
- For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in charity, for men and women who fast, for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah’s praise, for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward.” (Quran 33:35)
- And in another Hadith, the beloved Prophet SallAllaho Alaihi wa Sallam said: “They will be a shield for him from the Fire.”
- You who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should you treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the dowry you have given them – except when they have become guilty of open lewdness. On the contrary, live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If you take a dislike to them, it may be that you dislike something and Allah will bring about through it a great deal of good. (Quran 4:19)
- A woman’s best jewelry is her shyness | Sayyidatina Fatimah az-Zahra r.a.
- Hadrat Anas reported that the Messenger of Allah SallAllahu Alaihi wa Sallam said, “Whoever brings up two girls till they reach the age of puberty, he and I will come on the Day of Resurrection like this,” (and he joined his blessed fingers.)
- When Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu) would hear that one of his relatives or friends had a baby girl, he would say to them, “Congratulations for the Prophets were mostly fathers of daughters”.
Read Also: 38+ Best Working Women Quotes
- Beauty is like a book it can not be judged by its cover.
- Anas Narrated: A woman came to the Prophet offering herself to him in marriage, saying, “Have you got any interest in me (i.e. would you like to marry me?)” Anas’ daughter said, “How shameless that woman was!” On that Anas said, “She is better than you for, she presented herself to Allah’s Apostle (for marriage).”
- Daughters can be a ticket to Jannah, raise them well.
- A woman’s beauty is not in her features, the shades of her skin, or her possessions. True beauty is in her heart, her iman, her taqwa, and her love for her Deen. So few men understand this. Even fewer women do.
- Do not prevent women (wives, mothers, daughters, sisters, etc) from (praying at) mosques. Yet, their prayer at home is better (for them).
- “Modesty is the crown of a Muslimah. Hijab forces a man to look at a woman with respect rather than as an object.”
- Modesty comes in more than just our physical appearance. Our entire thought, bodies, personalities, and thoughts should emanate modesty.
- Islam has raised the status of women from below the earth to so high that paradise lies at her feet.
- No woman in this world is prettier than Muslimah who dresses to please Allah. The beauty is on her Imaan instead of her face…
Islamic Quotes on Women’s Day
- No matter what stage you are on, It all counts for Allah! at least you are trying!
- Don’t sacrifice your beauty just for compliments and a few “Instagram likes”, because, on the day of judgment, nobody will even look at you twice.
- Hijab does not represent how religious I am, it simply reminds me I’m Muslimah even when my Imaan is at its lowest everything I do should wear it for sake of Allah.
- After Iman (faith) there is no greater gift than a pious wife | Hazrat Umar Farooq RA.
- Aisha narrated: Allah’s Apostle said: “You (women) have been allowed to go out for your needs.
- Hadrat Ibn ‘Abbas reported that the Messenger of Allah SallAllahu Alaihi wa Sallam said, “…and whoever brings up three daughters or a like number of sisters, training them well and showing kindness to them till Allah enriches them (i.e. till they reach the age of puberty), Allah will guarantee Paradise for him.” A man asked: “O Messenger of Allah! Does this apply to two also?” He said: “even to two.” If they had asked whether to one also, the Messenger of Allah would have said that, “even to one…”
- Daughters are a gift from Almighty Allah. Those parents who are kind towards them, then Almighty Allah is generous towards such parents. Those who are merciful to their daughters, Almighty Allah is Merciful towards them.
- If you heard that Islam oppresses women, then it’s incorrect. Here’s the proof: 1400 years back, Islam gave women the right to own and dispose of property and earnings without any guardianship over her, the right to be educated, to go out for work, to choose their husbands, to keep their own family names, to inherit, and many more.
- You may not be a fairytale princess but you are always a princess of Islam.]
- Paradise is under your mother’s feet.
- Sayyiduna Ibn ‘Abbas (Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu) recounted, “Whoever had a female who was not buried nor insulted by him, and had not preferred his male children to her, Allah admits him to Paradise.”
- If the eyes of a female cry over a man that oppressed her, angels will curse him with every step he walks | Abi Ibn Abi Talib r.a.
- Every mother is a daa’iyah (caller to Islam for her child/family) | Shaykh Saalih Ibn Uthaymeen r.a.
- Shyness and modesty of men is an excellent virtue, but the shyness and modesty of women are even more so | Abu Bakr r.a.
- It has been stated that: When parents rejoice at the birth of a daughter, this is greater than making Tawaaf of the Kaaba seventy times.
- Thawban Narrated: Allah’s Apostle said, “Any woman who asks divorce from her husband without a reason, the smell of Paradise is prohibited for her.”
- It has been narrated in a Hadith that the Holy Prophet (Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him) has stated that, “If parents are kind and generous towards their daughters, then they will be so close to Him (The Holy Prophet Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him) in Jannah like one finger is to the next.”
- One who loves his daughters and withstands the hardship of grooming and getting them married, Almighty Allah makes Jannah compulsory (Waajib) on him and keeps him protected from the Fire of Hell.
- Anas bin Malik Narrated: The Prophet passed by a woman who was sitting and weeping beside a grave and said to her, “Fear Allah and be patient.”
- Haya (modesty) does not bring anything except good | Prophet Muhammad SAW
- The beloved Prophet (Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him) has stated that “When a boy is born, then he brings one Noor (light) and when a girl is born, then she brings two Noors.”
- It’s never late to become a better Muslimah.
- I am satisfied that my religion commands me to cover my body why is my hijab your problem?
- The beloved Prophet SallAllahu Alaihi wa Sallam commanded: Whenever you buy anything from the market place first present it to your female children than to your male children.
- Observe your duty to Allah in respect to the women, and treat them well
- Hijab isn’t just what you’re wearing but it’s also what you do and say. It’s who you are.
- The Holy Prophet (Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him) has also stated that, “The person who is faced with hardship due to his daughters, and makes Sabr (is patient), then his daughters will be a Pardah (curtain) between him and the Hell-fire.”
- Modesty is beauty.
- The most complete believer in faith is the best in morals and the best among you is the best to their women” | Prophet Muhammad SAW
- The Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) of Islam made Paradise the recompense of every father who conducts himself well with his daughters, has patience in raising them, provides their moral education, and observes Allah’s commands concerning them until they come of age or until his. The Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) made the place of the father in Paradise next to him.
- Lucky is the woman whose first child is a daughter.
- Ibn Mas’ud narrated: Allah’s Apostle said: “(Unveiled) woman is a cause of corruption. Once she goes out Satan beautifies her in the eyes of men (to seduce her as well as them). At her home, she is the closest (to the face) of her Lord.
- The world and all things in the world are precious but the most precious thing in the world is a virtuous woman. He once told the future Khalifah, ‘Umar: “Shall I not inform you about the best treasure a man can hoard? It is a virtuous wife who pleases him whenever he looks towards her, and who guards herself when he is absent from her.
- There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.
- Judge me by what’s in my head, not what’s on my head.
- Islam considers men strong and women delicate and elegant. This is neither an insult to women nor an insult to men; it is actually a proper view on their nature | Ayatollah Khamenei
- Modesty is the way you deal with beauty, not how you avoid it | Dr. Tariq Ramadan
- Sisters, the sun doesn’t lose its beauty when it’s covered by the clouds. The same way your beauty doesn’t fade when you’re wearing a hijab.
- Verily, women are the twin halves of men.
- When a girl is born to a family, then between the parents and Hell, there shall be a distance of five hundred years.
- Your wife should respect your parents but she’s not there to serve them, you are. | Nouman Ali Khan