Artificial diamond jewellery is a beautiful and affordable way to add sparkle to your wardrobe. They look exactly like diamonds but do not cost as much. But like any jewellery, they may get tarnished with time and lose its shine and therefore it needs to be cared for properly in order to keep it looking its best. Here are some tips for caring for your artificial diamond jewellery:
- Clean your jewellery regularly -The best way to clean artificial diamond jewellery is with a mild soap and water solution. You can also use a jewellery cleaning cloth or a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean the dirt from the nooks and crannies. Whether your jewellery is made of lab created diamond rings uk or artificial diamonds, cleaning them periodically will add years to their longevity. Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners to clean your jewellery since they can damage the stones and metal of your jewellery
- Store your jewellery properly – Storage is crucial when it comes to artificial diamond jewellery. The place where you store your jewellery should be cool and dry. You can use a jewellery box or a soft pouch to protect it from dust, dirt, and moisture. Avoid storing your jewellery in direct sunlight or in a place where it can be exposed to heat or humidity, as this can cause the metal to tarnish and the stones to become discoloured. Try and keep each jewellery item separately in a pouch to avoid tangling and breakage.
- Avoid contact with water – Artificial diamonds are not as durable as natural diamonds, so it’s important to avoid contact with water. If your jewellery gets wet, dry it thoroughly as soon as possible. Make sure that your jewellery is completely dry before you store them. Keep them away from hair spray and perfumes as the chemicals can damage the artificial diamond jewellery and cause them to tarnish.
- Be careful when wearing your jewellery – Avoid wearing your jewellery when you’re doing activities that could damage it, such as swimming, showering, or exercising. Avoid wearing jewellery when you are visiting the beach as the water can cause damage and the minute sand particles can lead to scratches. You should also be careful not to bump or scratch your jewellery, as this can cause the stones to chip or fall out.
- Get your jewellery professionally cleaned and inspected regularly – This is especially important if you wear your jewellery often. A professional jeweller, such as Flawless Fine Jewelry, will be able to clean your jewellery and check the prongs to make sure they’re secure.
Here are some additional tips for caring for your artificial diamond jewellery:
- If your jewellery has any gemstones other than diamonds, be sure to research the specific care instructions for those stones.
- If your jewellery is made of a precious metal, such as gold or silver, you may need to have it re-plated every few years to keep it looking its best.
- If you’re not sure how to care for your jewellery, it’s always best to consult with a professional jeweller.
With proper care, your artificial diamond jewellery can last for many years to come. So follow these tips and enjoy your jewellery for years to come!