As we are overcoming with coronavirus epidemic, and the World Health Organization declared it as a pandemic, our precautions and majors should be all about boosting our immunity. For boosting immunity our knowledge about the major parts of the immune system should be accurate and how we boost all of those parts by natural or synthetic methods.
Major Parts Of Immune System:
Our immune system comprises of basic six parts and organs which help us to fight infectious and foreign particles who harm our body. These parts are as follows
- WBCs: white blood cells are also a part of our immune system, it helps our body from foreign pathogens by its protecting nature with the help of other subcells like basophils, eosinophils, monocytes, and lymphocytes.
- Antibodies: they are also called immunoglobulin’s Ig. It also protects our body from foreign bacteria or viruses by clipping or neutralizing foreign antigens with particular antibodies as antibodies are specific for a specific antigen. Antibodies are formed by proteins in our body so by maintaining the level of protein we can cope up with a low immune system.
- Complement system: this complement system is a series of cascade reactions of protein that help immunoglobulin’s and leucocytes to fight and eliminate pathogens and their debris, also to inflamed the damaged organs by releasing antibodies to the destroy the bacterial or virus-cell walls. Bacteria usually phagocyte or engulfed by the process of endocytosis.
- Lymphatic system: this system is comprised of lymph nodes which spread from head to knee and contain the leucocytes (WBCs) to fight against infections. Major parts of this lymphatic system are tonsils present in the upper part of the pharynx in the neck, in thymus present just above the heart contain the inactive T- cells, when they received signals from foreign particles they become active.
- Spleen: it is the largest part of the lymphatic system, it filters blood and regulates the number of blood cells and their storage in the body, also produces white blood cells, when foreign particles enter the human body WBCs along within lymph nodes fight against these.
- Bone marrow: it is present in your bones a fluffy and sponge type material, which contain stem cells which on later cascades gives hematopoietic stem cells, erythrocytes, RBCs, WBCs, etc. some major transplant of blood in thalassemia and anemic patients have given stem cells from a healthy person which will, later on, develop into various blood cells.
Vitamin Supplements For Boosting Immunity:
Many doctors and physicians prescribed vitamin supplements for boosting immunity, these supplements are of different vitamins like C, B, E, and D.
But some of the people find it ineffective to them, also some have other signs and symptoms like allergy, coughing and sore throat, many more skin problems taking supplements as supplements contain some other hard covering materials like gelatin and other chemicals.
For preventing people from different other diseases, physicians prescribed some of the natural sources to boost the immune system.
Natural Sources Of Vitamins For Boosting Immune System:
- It is mainly found in citrus fruits like lemon, kiwi, oranges, spinach, and broccoli.
- It is said that citrus fruit consumptions directly lead to the production of leucocytes or white blood cells.
- Have you ever seen any diabetic patient? Most of the diabetic patients prescribed by their doctors to eat fruits like oranges and grapefruits to boost their immunity because of the fact that diabetic patients are more susceptible to infections because their increase blood sugar level weakens their immune system.
- Vitamin B6 is surely related to protein foods like cereals, poultry, meat, fish, oatmeals, grains, eggs, vegetables, and turkey.
- Vitamin B6 consumption leads to boost your immunity in terms of protein productions like heme, immunoglobulin which help against infections.
- Vitamin E acts as defoliate and antioxidants to fight infectious agents by oxidizing harmful chemicals produced from foreign pathogens.
- This vitamin E is found in vegetable oil, in spinach, green leafy vegetables, sunflower seeds, almonds and in peanuts.
- This vitamin is important for our bones because this vitamin along with calcium strengthens our bones, so it helps in boosting immunity by keeping the bones stronger.
- Vitamin d is found in dairy products like milk, also in beef meat and in the yolk of eggs.
Mineral Importance In Boosting Immunity.
Minerals are required by the body in the form of micronutrients. Their major role in helping other reactions acting as enzymes or cofactors to speed up the biochemical process occurring in the human body. The following are the minerals required by our body, iron, cobalt, selenium, manganese, iodine, copper, chromium, zinc and molybdenum.
If you are wondering how these minerals in micro amount helping our body in boosting immunity are like that heme is a blood protein and it is a tetramer in shape in which central position is holding by iron in reduced form, which helps to form hemoglobin (a blood protein) etc.
Food That Contains Minerals To Boost Immune System:
Following are the foods that contain these minerals,
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, beans, and lentils contain Iron.
- Nuts, seeds, mushrooms, and lobsters contain copper
- Cobalt is a precursor for vitamin B12 so a deficiency in this lead to folic acid an important co factor deficiency too, so cobalt is present in green leafy vegetables too, in cereals, seeds or in nuts.
Why Are People Having The Problem of Flu Easily Catches Other Viruses?
Their body system is susceptible and working for one on one desired task to treat flu, hence their immune system is quite stressed full when the second virus or target enters the human body it damages the body more than previous flu because coping with flu is somehow not achieved at that interval and the weak immune system is so much sense so it could not resist that virus properly but correct onset will surely overcome this virus too.
People with weak immune systems should have to take natural or synthetic supplements in order to boost immunity and should stay home in this coronavirus outbreak because they are more likely to catch these deadly viruses who have no cure except quarantine.