In the current age, with cut-throat competition and no forgiveness from consumers for rebuffs, businesses must focus on providing users with responsive websites. To develop such a web application, one needs a development platform that can offer flexibility and swiftness. Over the past years, Node.js has proven to be the go-to enterprise app development platform by meeting the above needs.
The recent COVID pandemic through 2020 and 2021 and a sudden shift to remote work have resulted in a significant rise in the flow of users to various eCommerce websites. The demand is expected to increase over time, thanks to the convenience of getting products delivered to the users, without them needing to step out. ECommerce Brands are also busy at work trying to ensure that their web applications are as responsive and user-friendly as possible, to ensure consumer loyalty and gain their trust.
Why Choose Node.js As Your App Development Framework?
Some reasons why we should consider Node.js as the development platform for our ECommerce web application are listed below.
- Node.js can prove to be effective in building real-time applications on multiple devices simultaneously, which can prove to be heavily data intensive.
- Compared to other tools that help run the backend, Node.js offers incredibly high performance and smooth functioning. With Node.js, we can say goodbye to lags and long wait times for the web application to render.
- Node.js also has multiple Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that support HTTP requests and multiple server-side commands.
- During the early stages of the development of the application, one can use Node.js to render dummy front-end assets to simulate a user interface. This can prove to be really helpful in ensuring that the logic present in the backend works as expected. This can help create a basic skeleton of our future eCommerce application.
- Since Node.js has support for both the front end and the back end, for simple applications, a single full-stack development team should be able to take up the task. This can accelerate the development process and reduce overhead, saving time and money.
How Can You Get Started with Node.js For Your Application?
While Node.js offers so many advantages in getting an eCommerce web application built, it can be pretty daunting to start developing on our own By considering the fact that there are not many ready-made applications available in the market.
One other option we might consider is development templates that are available online. These templates are based on existing eCommerce applications and might do us and our business more harm than good. For those who are relatively new to web application development and looking to get a customized web application made for the business, our best bet would be to work closely with an institution that offers node.js development services. It is much easier to get a customized website created than to rely on templates, due to the following reasons:
- Most templates out there might not be optimized for our needs, resulting in lags and delays. Node.js is open-source and light and can provide blazing-fast loading times.
- Developing on and maintaining a website based on a template can prove to be a costly affair. Customized websites can significantly reduce maintenance costs.
- Working on a template essentially means that our web application will end up looking like another application’s, most the same as the one our competitors have. It is better to get our website build specifically so that it appears to be different and stands out from the crowd.
- Keeping a website optimized and efficient during platform updates is much easier on one that is developed from scratch rather than one built from a template.
Through an institution like a custom software development company, we would be able to get in touch with experienced developers who have already worked on multiple projects in the past.
Node.js is easily one of the best open-source platforms to develop web applications on, considering the advantages listed above. Multiple companies offer services in helping us set up our web application, and get our online presence known to the world.